Corn Fritters Recipe
SERVES: 24 fritters
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-ounce) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Vegetable oil for deep fat frying
- Combine butter and water in a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup; set aside.
- Beat all ingredients except vegetable oil with hand mixer on slow speed for about 1 minute.
- Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to medium-high speed and beat 30 seconds.
- Heat oil in a 11?2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to 375°F. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter in oil, taking care not to crowd pan. Turn fritters once after bubbles form on top and continue frying until golden brown. Serve immediately with maple syrup; repeat with remaining batter.