What to Wear to a Baseball Game
Root, root, root for the home team in style, wearing baseball game essentials found at Kohl’s! The start of the baseball season gives fans hope in spring, while the middle of the season offers a fun summertime experience. And as fall approaches, excitement builds as fans anxiously await who will be crowned champions.
The long season means you’ll be attending games in a variety of conditions, so you’ll want to have a game day wardrobe that will keep you comfortable while tailgating before the game, as well as while you sit in the bleachers.
Kohl’s has plenty of sports fan clothing options to keep you looking great as your team marches on to victory. From replica jerseys to everyday tees and hoodies, our complete collection of official team apparel will have you covered all season long.
- Baseball Game Outfit Options
- Seasonal Considerations for Baseball Game Attire
- What to Wear to a Baseball Game When It’s Raining
Baseball Game Outfit Options
Your outfit at a baseball game can range from diehard fan attire to laid-back casual clothing. You’ll want to make sure you’re comfortable, as in most cases you’ll be outside and open to the elements. And you also want to ensure you look great, too!
Here are some ideas and pieces for ballpark outfits that will help you achieve a winning style from first pitch to the final out:
Nothing makes you look more ready for a ball game than a team jersey. These sports fan essentials showcase official team logos and colors, making you feel like you’re part of the team.
What Should You Wear With a Baseball Jersey?
Along with the jersey, you can wear jeans or shorts, depending on the weather. If there’s an extra chill in the air, you can even put your jersey over a coordinating hoodie to keep warm. As for shoes, make sure your feet are comfortable. Wear a pair of sneakers or sandals that feel good on your feet. Don’t forget to don a ball cap with your team’s logo on it, too!
T-Shirt & Shorts
Sunny summer days mean you are going to get quite warm during your time at the ball game. A great summertime baseball outfit includes just a basic team T-shirt with a pair of shorts. Tees can have a wide range of logos, and don’t even need to have any official graphics if you’re just there to soak up the sun.
Polo & Jeans
If the baseball game is just the beginning of your time out and about, and you want a versatile look that will go from the park to the pub, try combining a polo and a pair of jeans. This is an everyday outfit for guys that works even on casual Friday at the office, so if you’re getting work done during the day, then heading to the park and want to be ready for a night out, this is a look that can’t go wrong.
Cute Baseball Game Outfits
When attending a baseball game, you don’t have to stick to just the standard gameday attire. You can use team apparel and dress it up to give yourself a stylish outfit that connects to current fashion trends. Best of all, you’re going to look cute in the process.
- Dresses – As you sit out in the sun during a beautiful summer day at the ballpark, nothing works better as part of a cute gameday ensemble than a dress! You can choose from midi, maxi, or lots of other dress styles, available in plenty of color options to match your team’s official look. Add in a ball cap to complete the look.
- Jean Jackets – A cute addition to your stadium ensemble, especially for a night game where the temperatures might require a layer, is a denim jacket. Wear the jacket over your official team tee or jersey, and you’ll have an on-trend look that keeps you comfortable, too.
- Athleisure – Comfort is key as you head to the park, since you’ll be spending a fair amount of time moving around and standing up as you cheer your team. Women’s athleisure apparel allows for ease of movement, offers sporty style that matches the atmosphere, and provides versatility.
- Vests – Another ideal gameday option that looks cute and offers functionality is a vest. A vest allows you to capture that layered look that’s perfect for spring or fall games. You can wear it over a team logo graphic tee or jersey to ensure you look the part!
- Tank Tops – A summertime staple, the tank top is great to wear as you soak up the sun in the bleachers. You can find team logo tanks that showcase your loyalty, or lots of other options that work into your wardrobe. Pair a tank top with denim shorts or leggings for a complete gameday look.
Seasonal Considerations for Baseball Game Attire
The baseball season runs from spring and goes right into fall. This means that the weather you’ll come across as a baseball fan will range from cold and even snowy, to hot and humid. Seasonal baseball game outfits need to be created so you can enjoy your time at the park, no matter what the weather is like.
What to Wear to a Baseball Game in Spring
When opening day for baseball approaches, fans get excited to see their favorite teams finally take the field. However, early spring games mean cold temperatures, April showers and blustery winds.
Layering is the key to keeping warm at these early-season games. Base layer tops and bottoms with fleece lining will ensure you keep comfortable from the first inning through the ninth. Consider hoodies, jackets, winter hats and gloves for additional warmth.
What to Wear to a Baseball Game in Summer
Baseball in summer is a great experience. The sun is shining, the season is in full swing and being at the ballpark just feels right.
When heading to a game in summertime, make sure you bring a hat to keep the sun out of your eyes. Check the weather forecast to see if there’s any chance you need to grab a rain jacket. If you’re heading to a night game, bring a light layer like a zip hoodie or light jacket. When the sun goes down, so do the temperatures.
What to Wear to a Baseball Game in Fall
As the season winds down and the playoffs begin to approach, the action on the field is sure to heat up. However, the temperature of the air will begin to cool down.
Similar outfits that you wore for spring will work in fall, too. Hoodies and jeans will become pretty standard attire for those late September, early October contests.
What to Wear to a Baseball Game When It’s Raining
No matter the season, poor weather is always a potential challenge when heading to the ballpark. Rainouts happen from time to time, but for fans, it’s worse when the game still gets played in poor conditions.
If bad weather is in the forecast, make sure you bring the appropriate rain gear. Aside from coats and jackets, also think about ponchos and other layers to keep precipitation off your clothing. Umbrellas can be brought into ballparks, but only use them when necessary, and be mindful of others around you.
What to Wear to a Baseball Game if It’s Too Hot
Harsh weather can also relate to the harmful effects of the sun. Make sure your skin is protected from the dangerous rays by keeping skin covered as often as possible. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, too, for an extra layer of protection.
What to Wear to a Baseball Game When It’s Cold
If a cold, windy day is in store, consider bringing winter hats, parkas, scarves and gloves, as well as hand warmers. Those early April games can be brutal.
Shop Kohl’s and find all your game day apparel as you head out to the ballpark. No matter the weather or the season, you’re sure to support your team in style. With an entire sports fan assortment that covers men, women, and kids as well as all the pro and college sports leagues you love, you can find winning looks with ease right here at Kohl’s!