Soccer Cleats & Shoes
Soccer Cleats & Shoes
Soccer cleats and shoes combine the cushioned touch of textured synthetic leather with an accommodating fit for enhanced stability. With a synthetic upper that will wrap your foot in a close fit, you'll worry less about slipping out of your shoe and have more confidence to take the winning shot. At Kohl's, you know that you can find shoes for indoor, firm ground, or turf surfaces in a variety of styles and colors. Update your soccer attire with soccer cleats, slides, shorts and more.
How to Buy Soccer Cleats
When it comes to choosing soccer shoes, it's imperative to find cleats that translate to maximum performance and durability on the field. Opt for a style built with high performance and durability in mind. Not sure how to shop for soccer cleats and shoes? Here's what you should know.
Soccer Shoes Components
There are so many details to consider when purchasing soccer shoes: designs, colors, brands and models. And while that's important, it helps to first understand the components of a soccer cleat so that you can make the best decision based on your position and style of play. That said, let's dive into the various parts you should know:
- Upper - This material covers everything above the insole/midsole and generally comes in two options: leather or synthetic. Not only does it impact touch and ball control, but the design can make a huge difference in how you run.
- Insole - The inserts inside of the shoes that provide cushioning and grip for your foot.
- Midsole - A layered cushion between the inner and outer soles of a shoe designed to absorb shock.
- Outsole - The bottom part of the cleat that is usually made with a rubber or synthetic material.
- Heel counter - The bottom back portion of the shoe that provides support for the heel.
- Studs - These are the little nobs on the bottom of soccer cleats that provide traction on the field's surface.
Soccer Cleats by Surface
When it comes to choosing the type of cleats you need, first consider the surface you'll be playing on. Picking the wrong shoe can lead to destroyed shoes or even injury. Make sure you start off each game on the right foot (and shoe). Let's take a look at a few different cleat designs:
Firm Ground Cleats
This style is considered the "classic soccer cleat" used in outdoor games on grass fields. The firm-ground plate provides traction on natural grass pitches.
Artificial Turf Soccer Shoes
Designed for effective use on artificial ground or turf, this style gives additional traction and support on thin carpet turf. Turf shoes can also be worn on hard, dry natural grass.
Indoor Soccer Shoes
Indoor shoes are designed for use on hard, glossy indoor soccer courts. Made with specialized rubber and lightweight synthetic leather uppers, these shoes provide the optimal touch when shooting and passing. You'll find that they will resemble light sneakers.
Soccer Apparel & Accessories for the Entire Family
Peruse our line of soccer sports and fitness gear to help you prepare for the big game. Once you find the perfect soccer shoes and gear that is sure to make you the toughest competitor, be sure to complete your soccer ensemble with soccer apparel for the entire family. Choose from a variety of tops, bottoms, socks, and outerwear that will have you looking as great as you'll feel.
Soccer cleats and shoes from Kohl's provide the comfort, style, and versatility that you need. Be sure to also shop our selection of comfortable slides and sandals perfect for post-game wear or relaxing on the weekends.