Cheese Sticks Recipe
SERVES: 54 appetizers
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Assemble and attach Rotor Slicer/Shredder using fine shredder cone (No. 1). Turn to Speed 4 and shred Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese into separate bowls. Add red pepper flakes and oregano to Cheddar cheese and thoroughly combine; set aside.
- On lightly floured board, roll pastry to a 15×18-inch rectangle. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese mixture over pastry and press lightly into dough. Cut pastry lengthwise into three 5×18-inch strips, then horizontally into 1-inch pieces. Twist each piece into a spiral.
- Beat egg white and water with fork until foamy. Brush sticks with beaten egg white and roll in Parmesan cheese. Place on greased baking sheets and bake at 425°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.