SERVES: 2 dozen bars
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and beat 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Turn to Speed 2 and beat 15 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Stir Speed and add nuts and chocolate chips, mixing just until combined.
- Press dough into a 13×9-inch greased and floured pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan, then cut into 1-1/2-inch bars.