White Elephant Gifts
Mattel Rock'em Sock'em Robots
Duke Cannon Supply Co. Big Brick of Soap - Made with Busch
Duke Cannon Supply Co. Great American Beer Soap - Budweiser
Men's OppoSuits Christmas Icons Button-Down Shirt
Duke Cannon Supply Co. Big Brick of Soap - Fresh Squeezed IPA
clearance $4.20Original $12.00
Spiral Christmas Tree Nickel Free Drop Earrings
clearance $10.50Original $30.00
Fake Security Camera
clearance $3.50Original $10.00
Reindeer Face Nickel Free Drop Earrings
Popular Christmas Searches:
White Elephant Gifts
Get ready for one of the most popular, fun, and exciting holiday traditions out there: the white elephant gift exchange! And the best way to prepare for the exchange in your family, group of friends, or co-workers, is by checking out the line of white elephant gifts at Kohl’s!
What is a White Elephant Gift Exchange?
A white elephant exchange is an event, usually held at Christmas and holiday parties, in which each participant brings a gift that goes into a community pool. This pool is where the participants choose gifts from, and that’s when the real fun begins!
Here is a list of the most common rules for a white elephant exchange:
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute
The party organizer should provide information on what type of gift people should bring; typically, the gift is meant to be humorous, somewhat quirky, and at a relatively low cost. But the options are endless and totally up to you!
2. Players draw numbers or names to determine the order
3. Participants sit around the pile, able to clearly see what gifts are in the pool
4. The first player selects a gift and opens it, showing the contents to all participants
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previously opened gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen can choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
In order to prevent gifts from being endlessly swapped, there can be a few rules put in play to move the exchange along:
- A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
- After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end.
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone whose gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
For this last turn, the three-swap rule doesn’t apply. Players can keep swapping until someone decides to keep their gift, or there are no eligible participants to steal from.
White Elephant Gift Ideas
As mentioned above, white elephant gifts can come in a wide variety of types - games, toys, apparel items, and so much more. The type of gift you choose will likely depend on the rules and parameters that the organizer puts on the game, so make sure you know exactly what’s expected of participants.
A great idea for a white elephant gift is a toy or game. With plenty of game types available, and games that feature a wide variety of themes, play styles, and appeal, white elephant participants are sure to swap a fun game back and forth!
Another popular white elephant gift idea is a pair of festive socks. Anyone can use a new pair of socks, and adding in a pair with holiday graphics adds to the seasonal charm!
Other ideas to consider include holiday pins, word search and puzzle books, kitchen and dining tools, and cozy slippers.
With a white elephant gift from Kohl’s, you’re set to deliver this holiday season. Get ready to swap, steal, and share memories with white elephant gift ideas from Kohl’s!