Begin faceted search navigation.
Athletic Shoe Guide
Athletic Shoe Guide
Different sports require different foot support, so buying the right shoes for your sport is essential. Select shoes based on your size, foot type and how you use them.
- All-purpose shoe built for versatility
- Provides more traction and a wider surface area
- Easy stop-and-go, side-to-side motion with maximum ground contact
- Offers superior ankle support
Cross-training shoes should be replaced every 100 hours, roughly once a year if you're wearing them for an hour twice a week. If you wear cross trainers for a variety of activities, especially running or vigorous exercise, then replace them twice a year.
- Designed with extra cushioning
- Easy flexing at the ball of foot
- Enhanced stability and durability
- Provides superior traction on pavement or dirt
- Designed to minimize slip on all surfaces
- Offers superior ankle protection and support
- Built for running in all weather conditions
- Provides extra traction across uneven surfaces
Running shoes should be replaced every
Running shoes with polyurethane midsoles are likely to maintain their level of cushioning longer than shoes with EVA midsoles.
- Perfect for everyday wear or casual fitness walking
- Provides comfortable cushioning for low impact
- Allows the foot to roll naturally from heel to toe
- Eases forward motion and lends extra support
- Designed with higher tops for superior ankle support
- Eases the effects of abrupt starts and stops, jumps and lateral moves
- Enhanced durability, flexibility and shock absorption
- Built to handle the rigors of the game
- Soccer cleats, designed for use on outdoor fields, feature a metal or plastic studded outsole for superior grip
- Indoor soccer shoes, designed for use on indoor fields and courts, feature a flat, durable sole
- Skate shoes are made to be used for skateboarding, but can also be worn for skater fashion
- Common features include a rubber outsole and durable upper
- Fashion-athletic shoes are meant to provide a sporty look, without the need for athletic use