Rated 5 out of 5Â by Cookinfool Great kitchen appliance!
My old mini prep from Cuisinart finally broke after a long life and this was a replacement. I was excited to see the cool red color. I can't live without this item in my kitchen. It really is handy at chopping those smaller things you'd rather not put through a large food processor and have to clean the entire unit. This is easy to assemble, operate and clean--love it!
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Nineran Perfect size, multiple purposes
I bought this for its size and immediately put it to non-traditional uses.
1. Falafel mix (closest to traditionally chop/grind): EXCELLENT. Consistent chop. Takes a full bowl without messes. Easy to clean afterwards.
2. Tahini + Hummus - not enough volume of tahini made to emulsify toasted seseme seeds. However, when ground with Hummus ingredients (to make up volume), worked well. The hummus consistency wasn't a problem, no leaks and fast!
3. Cake mix - Box mix + specified eggs + half the specified liquids - fast mix, BUT note that the mixed cake "leaked" from under the blade onto the base of the processor. Move something with a higher liquid content to a bowl quickly, because if it is liquidy, it will drip out the bottom of the bowl. (I folded the other half of liquid to the box mix called for in a bowl, and actually allowing it it let sit let it return to cake mix thickness in a few minutes).
4. Frosting. Excellent. Didn't bring cream cheese or butter to room temperature, since the processor warms some. Move quickly with the powdered sugar to not get mush. Mush leaks, semi-solid emulsified stuff doesn't.
5. Chapatti dough. Better with a touch of oil. Add half or a third of the water you would use to mix and integrate the rest after letting rest. For ease of cleaning more than anything.
Note that the spot where the lid locks into the base (tiny plastic spot!) is hard to clean. Both on the base, and if you clean the lid by hand, on the lid. I think a dish washer would take care of the lid no problem.
That said, so far really pleased with the product. Did everything I wanted, and even with non-traditional uses!
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Samkon Excellent product, a bit small though...
I like this product and use it often. I have made homemade peanut butter and other foods as well. Great for making salsa. However the processor too small if you have to make foods for your family. AND it only had 1 blade. You have to stop the machine and add foods. Some processors has a slot on top you can add foods without stopping and taking off the top. And other processors has other blades and attachments you can use to shred, chop, and grade much easier. If you are single or a couple, this product is great. If you cook for more, a larger processor should be considered...
Rated 5 out of 5Â by geegeenj Wonderful mini food processor
I really love this food processor. This was a replacement for a Cuisinart that I had received on my wedding shower 21 years ago and yes it worked that long and was excellent. So I bought another one and it does not disappoint. It chops and grinds everything just the way I want it . I think its great.