Asparagus, Bacon and Goat Cheese Quesadilla
Print the Recipe
From Food Network Kitchens
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon, sliced crosswise into ½-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, plus more as needed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound pencil asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese (about ½ cup)
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1¼ teaspoons chopped tarragon, dill, or parsley
Kitchen Tools: Shop all Food NetworkShop in store or kohls.com/foodnetwork for Kitchen Tools to Make this Recipe
- Medium Skillet
- Measuring Spoons
- Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cutting Board
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and discard all the pan drippings.
- Add 1 teaspoon butter and the shallots and cook until brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the asparagus to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the asparagus is bright green and tender; about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese over a tortilla and scatter a quarter of the herbs on top. Place the tortilla cheese-side up in the skillet. Scatter a quarter of the bacon and asparagus on the lower half of the tortilla, then fold the tortilla over and press lightly. Cook until golden brown, turning once, about 3 minutes on each side. If the pan gets dry, add butter, as needed. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve.
Makes 4 servings.