Brown Rice Pilaf with Peas and Herbs
Print the Recipe
From Food Network Kitchens
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice (about 6 ½ ounces)
- One 2-inch strip fresh lemon peel
- 2 ¼ cups water or vegetable broth, low-sodium canned or homemade
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen and thawed peas
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
Kitchen Tools: Shop all Food NetworkShop in store or kohls.com/foodnetwork for Kitchen Tools to Make this Recipe
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Food Chopper
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Spoon
- Heat the butter over medium heat. Add the rice and lemon peel and cook, stirring, until slightly toasted, about 4 minutes. Stir in the liquid and add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until all the water has been absorbed by the rice, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the rice sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the peas, parsley and mint. Adjust seasoning and serve.
4 servings (2½ cups).