Print the Recipe
From Food Network Kitchens
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar or aged sherry wine vinegar
- 2-4 teaspoons Dijon or whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 - ¾ cups extra-virgin olive oil
Kitchen Tools: Shop all Food NetworkShop in store or kohls.com/foodnetwork for Kitchen Tools to Make this Recipe
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing. Use immediately or store covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
Makes about 1 cup.
Cooks' Note: When making a dressing with a potent vinegar like sherry or red wine, use more oil.